Itella’s Vision and Strategy for the Year 2020
Our vision for 2020
Itella's vision is to be the customer's first choice for postal, logistics and e-commerce services.
Our goal is to be a desired partner chosen by companies and consumers. Our delivery capabilities and the quality of our services are unparalleled.
We have the most extensive postal service network in Finland. Working with us is easy.
In logistics services, we wish to create added value for our customers in their order-delivery chain. We want to be a reliable partner, ensuring quality and increasing the efficiency of our customers' operations.
In e-commerce services, our vision means that we offer Finnish trade industry customers and international companies specializing in e-commerce the most extensive range of services in Finland and a reliable channel for business with Russia. We ensure a good service experience for consumer customers when dealing with online stores, which helps to promote the development of e-commerce business.
Our main mission is to take care of the flow of commerce and everyday life.
To take care means that Itella takes responsibility as a service provider. We take care of the processing and distribution of our customers' messages and goods.
The flow of commerce describes the added value that customers gain from us. We are a seamless enabler of our customer's transactions, from ordering to billing, easily, quickly and reliably.
The flow of everyday life means that we do our bit to make sure that consumer goods and commodities are available when needed. Interacting with us is easy and flexible.
Our customer promise is: Easy, fast, reliable and responsible.
Our services are easy to purchase and use. Interacting with us is smooth and simple. Our services are there, when and where you need them. We serve you online, at parcel points, at service desks and over the phone.
Our extensive service network guarantees the most suitable speed of delivery for you.
Reliability means that we keep our promises. We listen to your feedback when developing our operations.
You can be sure that we work justly, fairly, openly and appreciatively. We follow ethical principles in all of our operations.
Focus areas 2014
- The occupational safety of our employees is important. Preventing accidents improves well-being at work, our financial situation and the services our customers receive.
- Together with our subcontractors, we are a significant transport player. We can promote safety through good driving practices and an attitude that promotes safety.
- We take into account data security threats, which are becoming more common, and ensure that our IT solutions are secure.
- In the service business, customer encounters must be successful every day. Providing the best customer experience and making the customer happy are the keys to the development of our operations.
- Our services must be easy to use and straightforward, taking the customer into account. For example, our service options for the customer shorten queueing times at post offices.
- We stick to our service level agreement every day. Our way of working is positive and we all take personal responsibility for ensuring a good customer experience.
Efficiency of operations
- We remove obstacles and hindrances to the flow of our work. We are constantly developing the efficiency of our operations using e.g. Lean methods.
- We automate and speed up manual work using IT. Work becomes smoother in the customer interface, warehouses, terminals and offices.
- We work as one Itella so that our customers receive seamless service.
- Professional, common practices ensure efficiency, high quality and the improvement of customer satisfaction and profitability.
Our strategic goals
Our goal is to offer the best customer experience and overall supply chain management. We develop new, value-adding services and business models in business areas such as the outsourcing of logistics. The key factors for e-commerce operators are delivery accuracy, speed and reducing the amount of capital tied up in logistics.
In e-commerce, the consumer's power to choose logistics operators is growing. For consumers, the most important factors are ease of use of the service, speed and reliability.
We are the leading provider of logistics services in Finland and the most important logistics partner in commerce. Through us, our customers receive a service network covering the whole country and the best route from Finland to Russia. We secure the flow of logistics to Finland and Russia from Central Europe and the rest of the Nordic Region.
In Russia, we are the number one operator on the warehousing services market, and our aim is to double our net sales in Russia by 2020. We focus on strong, growing industries: electronics, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods and spare parts.
In order to make our vision a reality, we need to improve profitability and cost-effectiveness. We can achieve a sustainable level of profitability through efficiency programs and by taking advantage of synergies.
The most central goals of our strategy at to invest in e-commerce services, to be the largest e-commerce service provider in Finland and one of the top three in Russia by 2020.
In Finland, we provide extensive transport, warehousing, product delivery services, direct marketing solutions and customer data management services. We are the first choice of domestic and international e-commerce outlets.
E-commerce is growing briskly in Russia, and international e-commerce companies are gaining a significant portion of the market. For this reason, this growth presents a great opportunity for us.
The greatest structural transformation in postal history is currently underway. Letter and publication distribution rates are dropping at an accelerating pace as communication becomes digitalized, and by 2020 they will have fallen to half of what they are today. At the same time, the number of parcels transported is increasing due to e-commerce.
It requires us to be flexible and able to predict changes. Indeed, our goal is to adapt and change constantly in order to ensure the profitability and competitiveness of our business as well as our ability to be flexible as volumes change.
We have thousands of employees who do physically demanding work in all sorts of different conditions in order to make sure customers are served every day. Ensuring the safety of work is an important goal for us as an employer. Our occupational safety vision, "Safely together every day", aims for better occupational safety and its key indicators.
Supervisory work is based on values and the "cornerstones of management" principles. As a responsible employer, we operate according to our ethical guidelines.